Hitting the Links: The best golf courses in Colorado
The Centennial state is known for its great outdoors and colorful scenery. One great way to get outside and enjoy it is to grab the clubs and head to the golf course. Colorado has several courses to choose from all over the state, with several being listed in the Top 100 courses in the US and one being listed in the Top 100 courses in the world. If you’re getting out to enjoy a day of golfing, here are some of the best courses that Colorado has to offer.
- Ballyneal – Located in Holyoke, Colorado just west of the Nebraska border. This inland course started as an 18-hole championship course but has grown to be one of the best Colorado has to offer. It’s located in the high plains so you can enjoy wide open skies as you tee off.
- Castle Pines – Located north of Castle Rock, this rugged course has spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains as well as the Denver skyline. The course was designed by golf legend Jack Nicklaus so you can truly feel like a champion as you work your way through.
- Cherry Hills – Located near the heart of Denver, this course is an icon to the PGA. A total of three PGA championships have been played along with nine USGA competitions and has earned its reputation for being a professional course.
- Colorado Golf Club – Located in Parker, this course has stunning views as well wide open spaces to really explore the course as well as yourself. Golfers of all skill levels can enjoy the championship course, nine-hole short course, or hone their skills on the practice area.
- Sanctuary Golf Course – Located just south of Denver in Sedalia, is only available through exclusive invitation or through one of the many charity events hosted annually. There are stunning views of Pikes Peak and Longs Peak to make your golfing experience filled with splendor. Intense terrain allows each trip through the course to be one of a kind as well as solitary in feel.
These are only some of the courses that colorful Colorado has to offer. If you’re an avid golfer, get out and enjoy a day on the links and try to experience them all. Recently, Franklin D. Azar & Associates hosted the 30th annual Azar invitational in Trinidad, Colorado. Players from several parts if the US came in to play the event and David Baca was crowned as champion. It was a great weekend of golf that included a hole-in-one from one of the participants! Here at Franklin D. Azar & Associates, we fight for all of our clients to get the compensation they deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, call us today for a free consultation.