No one wants to be involved in a legal battle. It can be long, difficult, expensive, and really make your life tough. If you or a loved one is involved in a car accident or other scenario where you may face legal trouble, it’s always a good idea to consult an attorney to help alleviate some of the stresses that come along with legal battles. Listed below are some of the top reasons why you should hire an attorney.
- Legal battles are complicated – The law itself is very complex and if you don’t know your way through it, you may very well become lost along the way.
- Sometimes you can’t afford not to have an attorney – Experienced attorneys have spent a lot of time studying the law and know how to navigate your case. Without an attorney, you may face jail time or steep financial penalties depending on your case.
- Attorneys know how to file your paperwork – Another big part of legal battles is following deadlines and protocols and properly filling out certain legal documents. One late or incorrect filing could be detrimental to your case.
- It’s better to avoid problems rather than solve them – In many instances, an attorney can steer you clear of pitfalls and headaches during the course of your case, saving you time and money.
- You probably don’t know any expert witnesses – Most attorneys rely on a network of professionals to help with their clients cases. Without them, your case may suffer.
- Attorneys know a good settlement when they see it – An experienced attorney has probably worked on a case similar to yours or at least can reasonably determine the outcome at trial.
- The opposing party has representation – If you try taking on your case when the other party has an attorney, prepare to be taken advantage of. The law is complicated (as stated earlier) and opposing counsel will take full advantage of the situation.
- Usually there is a free consultation – This isn’t always the case, but most attorneys will sit down with you face-to-face to discuss the details of your case at no charge. A free consultation will allow you to understand what type of case you have, as well as help you decide if you actually need an attorney.
If you’re involved in an accident, you shouldn’t have to worry about dealing with the insurance companies and making sure all of your medical bills are paid. Hiring an attorney can give you peace of mind and allow you to fully recover while they take care of everything else. If you or a loved one is injured in a car accident, call Franklin D. Azar & Associates today for a free consultation. We fight for our clients to get every penny they deserve.