Throughout America, there are several options to choose from when applying for Law School. Attending a prestigious law school can help launch you on a successful law career as well as help build your professional network. What makes a law school great is based on a variety of factors including tuition cost, peer assessment, median LSAT and GRE scores, undergrad GPA, acceptance rate, placement success, bar passage rate, and faculty feedback. Following is a list of some of the top law schools in America.
- Yale University – Located in New Haven, CT, Yale Law School is one of the world’s top law schools. They offer small class sizes and a world renowned faculty to help their students achieve their dreams. Tuition costs are $59,865 per year for a full-time student, with an acceptance rate of 9.5%
- Stanford University – Located in Stanford, CA, Stanford University is a world leading research university. They explore new ways to build courses and educate students to take full advantage of everyone’s potential. Tuition costs are $58,236 per year for a full-time student, with an acceptance rate of 10.7%.
- Harvard University – Located in Cambridge, MA, Harvard University is the oldest continuously operating law school in America with the largest academic library in the world. Harvard is getting ready to celebrate their bicentennial and show how they’ve shaped the law and legal education in the United States. Tuition costs are $60,638 per year for a full-time student, with an acceptance rate of 16.6%.
- University of Chicago – Located in Chicago, IL, the University of Chicago has a niche focus of law to include humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences. The faculty has an emphasis of exposing students to complementary views and concepts to help build student confidence and foster new ideas. Tuition costs are $59,541 per year for a full-time student, with an acceptance rate of 20.7%.
- Columbia University – Located in New York, NY, Columbia University has a vast wealth of interdisciplinary resources and draws from their international experience due to the global arena that is New York. Students complete their legal training ready to participate in law across countries, industries, and subject matters. Tuition costs are $65,260 per year for a full-time student, with an acceptance rate of 20.3%.
- New York University – Also located in New York, NY, New York University has redefined legal education. NYU has launched initiatives for students to prepare them for the real world. Some of these initiatives include: NYU law abroad, Washington D.C. based legislative and regulatory process clinic, and the leadership and financial literacy program. Tuition costs are $61,622 per year for a full-time student, with an acceptance rate of 29.8%.
These are only some of the top law schools in America. There are plenty more to choose from that can lead you on the right path in your law career. At Franklin D. Azar & Associates, we have over 30 years of experience. If you or a loved one is injured in an accident, call us today for a free consultation.