If you've suffered an injury in a car, motorcycle, bike or pedestrian accident or were injured at work, obtaining legal representation is very important due to the complexity of the issues involved, the likelihood that the responsible party will refuse to accept liability, and the difficulties in obtaining medical care before legal liability has been established against the responsible party.
What are some of the more typical kinds of accidents in a
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents. Accidents arising from dangerous conditions on real property, when the landowner knew about the problem and failed to address them, the landowner can be held liable under
- Defective and Dangerous Products. A manufacturer or seller of a product can be held liable in
for negligence in creating an unreasonable risk of harm to consumers, an inherently and unreasonably dangerous or defective product, or breach of express or implied warranties for the product. Colorado
- Malpractice of Doctors, Pharmacists, or other Health Care Providers. If the health care professional's conduct fell below the standard of care expected for the profession, which resulted in an injury or the professional did not obtain the patient's consent or informed consent before providing treatment resulting in damages they can be held liable under
- Bites by Dogs or Other Domestic Animals. A person injured by an animal in Colorado may recover from the owner of the animal by proving that the owner knew of the particular animal's or the general breed's habits and tendencies which are likely to cause human injury, and failed to exercise reasonable care to prevent those injures.
- Car Accidents. In 2004 there were nearly 250,000 motor vehicle accidents in
with one-fourth of them resulting in fatalities or injuries. This includes motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, bike accidents, bus accidents, and pedestrian accidents. If you've been injured in an automobile accident contact a personal injury attorney today! Colorado
- Injuries at Work. A person hurt while on the job is eligible for medical benefits and worker's compensation. If you're injured at work you must act quickly to protect your rights. Consult an experienced personal injury attorney right away.
Here is a list of important documents and other information to obtain and save for your personal injury attorney to increase the chances of obtaining the best possible outcome in your particular case.
- Copies of any written statements.
- The accident report.
- Your auto insurance policy, along with your coverage certificate, if you were injured in an automobile accident.
- Your medical or disability insurance policy.
- Other insurances policies, including homeowners or renters insurance, hospitalization, or veterans insurance.
- All correspondence you have received from any insurance company.
- Any medical bills.
- Any receipts for things you've had to buy or had to fix because of your personal injury.
- The name and address of the ambulance service used, if any.
- The name and address of the emergency room where you were initially taken.
- The dates you were admitted and released from the emergency room and the hospital.
- The names and business addresses of all doctors who treated you.
- The names and business addresses of all chiropractors you have consulted.
- Names of all people involved in the accident.
- Names and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Dates and time you have missed work because of the accident.
- A list of people you have talked to about the accident or your injury.
- The names and telephone numbers of each insurance adjuster you have talked to.
**Remember that claims for personal injury can come from other situations and incidents than just car accidents and work-related injuries. If you were injured in one of the above types of accidents in Colorado, contact a Colorado personal injury attorneyas soon as possible - don't take on the insurance companies and their attorneys without the help of an experienced personal injury attorney!**
For more information about personal injury and Colorado personal injury attorneys, view here.